Pax River Air Expo is a No Drone Zone
We are happy to have you, your friends and your family as our guests at the NAS Patuxent River Air Expo. We will do everything to ensure that your Air Show experience is safe and enjoyable.
We ask for your cooperation in keeping potentially dangerous items outside the installation gates. At the entry points to the air show grounds, ALL bags will be inspected and all individuals are subject to search prior to entering the air show flight line. Large bags, large backpacks, ice chests and coolers larger than 24 quarts will NOT be permitted. It is recommended that spectators minimize the number and size of permitted items to reduce the inspection time prior to access into the flight line area.
- Unattended bags and packages will be removed from the premises
- Sun protection, including hat, long-sleeved shirts and long pants and sun screen are recommended
- Water will be available for sale within the food vending area
- Wear comfortable footgear; portions of the flight line are paved and you may walk long distances
Smoking, while permitted in the airshow grounds, is not permitted near aircraft or in hangars, including the static display area. This also includes all e-cigarettes and vaporizers.
- No weapons or explosives (No pocket knives)
- No narcotics and/or paraphernalia (with the exception of prescribed medications, to include insulin needles).
- NOTE: Medically prescribed Marijuana is not allowed on the installation.
- No alcoholic beverages
- No glass containers
- No pets (with the exception of service animals)
- No bicycles
- No roller blades, skateboards, or scooters
- No backpacks
- No camera bags (larger than 1 cubic foot in size)
- No fighting, protesting, or political activity (zero tolerance policy)
- No RV's permitted in the parking area for recreational purposes.
- No tailgating from the parking area or setting up lawn chairs for viewing purposes
- Fanny Packs
- Small Camera Bags
- Diaper Bags
- Portable Lawn Chairs
- Blankets/Towels (for ground seating)
- Coolers (24 quarts or smaller)
- NOTE: Coolers 24 quarts or smaller (hard or soft) are permitted. All containers will be subject to inspection by security, this may delay your entance into the event.